Nurus Supports Women’s Empowerment Principles
In line with the importance it places in women, Nurus signed the United Nations Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) statement
Turkey's leading professional furniture manufacturer Nurus signed the United Nations Women's Empowerment Principles launched to empower women so that they can take their place in the economy, in every industry and at every level.
By signing the United Nations Women's Empowerment Principles, Nurus agrees to
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality.
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and non-discrimination.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers.
- Promote education, training and professional development for women.
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women.
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy.
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.
Nurus' Chairman of the Executive Board Güran Gökyay stated that, as Nurus, they take great pride in having signed the statement and added "Nurus' company policies place great importance in treating all women in the workplace with the same fairness as men and with equality. When the private sector gives weight to initiatives that empower and support women in their professional life, it gives us hope that these problems will dissolve. As Nurus, we have signed the United Nations Women's Empowerment Principles to emphasize the support we show women. Within this scope, we've attended the gong ceremony taking place at Borsa Istanbul to show our support on International Women's day."
Borsa's bell rings for equality
The "Ring the bell for Gender Equality" ceremony hosted by Borsa Istanbul was held on 8 March 2016 with the participation of UN Global Compact (UNGC), UN Women, World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), Women in ETFs, Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative (SSE) and the International Finance Corporation ICF). Nurus' Chairman of the Executive Board Güran Gökyay attended the ceremony, which drew great interest in the business world, and highlighted the importance Nurus places in women once more.